Xperitas Board Member Search
Mission - All people connected in one global community.
Vision - Transforming lives through shared global experience and intercultural learning
Xperitas is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to promoting global citizenship through authentic immersion experiences. Xperitas offers programs that embody true language and cultural immersion, inspire personal connections with diverse individuals and communities worldwide and provide transformational experiences for our participants.
After a 6-year strategic alliance, Xperitas officially merges Intercultural Student Experiences and Global Citizens Network, two successful non-profits with over 70 years in combined experience. This is an incredibly exciting time for our organization and we are looking for new board members to help guide the organization through this transition!
Xperitas has three membership openings and are seeking qualified applicants who reflect the organizations’ values of deep respect for cultures, diversity, and learning. The Boards seek to more closely reflect the global community and have defined the following skills and capabilities desired in board candidates:
• Enthusiastic endorsement of the mission and vision
• Nonprofit board experience, intercultural interest/competence, work in/understanding of governance, human resources, nonprofit finance, audit and fund development
• International experience, a second language, and/or international network a plus
• Commitment to the mission of peace, justice and the societal value of intercultural and international experiences
• Sales and marketing experience, particularly with respect to youth and social networking
• Experience in the training, education, and/or travel marketplace
• Workplace experience in change management and work with various generations’
• Development/fundraising experience a plus
The Boards’ bylaws call for a three year term that could be renewed, by mutual agreement of the Board and the Board member, one or two times.
If you have a passion for the missions, some of the skills and capabilities listed, and are interested in joining this dynamic board opportunity, please send your contact information, resume/CV and a letter of interest to BoardRecruitment@xperitas.org by March 1, 2016.
For more information see the newly branded Xperitas cover page and program web sites: