Seeking experienced ESL/ELL/teachers to use exciting new technology for real-time distance
learning for students in China.
One-of-a-kind opportunity to connect internationally using technology that allows teachers to
teach from home creating distance classrooms in real-time. This is LIVE instruction. (An
equipped teaching space is also available.)
Hours are non-traditional because of time differences so easy to add to your schedule, early
morning and early evening.
Curriculum: REACH and INSIDE National Geographic Online textbooks with already prepared
power points, quizzes and tests
- Student Ages: 9-15
- Class size: 8-15 students
- 2 years teaching experience
- Basic experience with technology and basic trouble shooting skills
- For in-home teaching – 8 teaching hours per week
- Teaching license or certificate
- 2-3 years’ experience teaching ESL
- Experience teaching Reading
- Knowledge of Chinese culture
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience incorporating technology in the classroom and using a Mac
The teacher will use power points and online textbooks in conjunction with supplemental
materials and live instructional activities to meet the needs of students in China. He/she will
need to feel comfortable using the Cisco system and utilize online resources for live, online
instruction. He/she will also need to be culturally sensitive and accommodating.
The English courses are intended to expose Chinese students to American culture, history, and
activities in an “American Classroom” with “American style” of teaching all while increasing their
students’ confidence and English Language skills.
Goals and values:
Through this program, students will be better prepared to be participants in an American class
and receive exposure to classroom expectations, styles, and critical thinking activities, which are
different than the direct instruction (high emphasis on memorization) activities that they are
used to. Students will gain valuable experience as well as practice with the English language and
become more confident and equipped to partake in high school courses in the USA.
If interested, please email the following to: Bing Li at Bingliasa@gmail.com
- Copy of teaching license or certificate if applicable
- 2 professional references
- Contact information
- US Address: iNECS based in Beijing China
Minnesota Office Based down town Minneapolis
730 E 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407.
International Education Connection & Solutions
9th floor, MOOC building, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R.China Zipcode:100190