Senior Spanish Editor
EMC Publishing, LLC, a leading educational publisher of World Language, Literature and Business textbooks and software for the K-12 and College markets, is seeking a Senior Spanish Editor.
This position will be responsible for all phases of formulating and producing a successful, high quality, profitable series of language basal textbooks and ancillary materials for the middle and high school market. Responsibilities include coordinating printed, multimedia and electronic projects from concept to finished product, content editing, doing research and development, copyediting and proofreading, selecting art and photos, tracking permissions, testing software, proofing audio recordings and video, and reviewing printer proofs. This position will communicate and work closely with the Marketing Department to assist in the creation of marketing messages, strategies, and help proofread advertisements, brochures and catalogs for World Language materials. This position will also communicate with freelancers, consultants, developers, s
ice providers, overseas partners and customers, as needed. This position is a minimum 40-hour-a-week position located in our St. Paul offices.
We are seeking a candidate who has a four-year college degree (Bachelor’s Degree) or higher in Spanish and prefer someone who has completed coursework in editing. We prefer experience in writing, editing and publishing, preferably textbooks. Interested candidates must possess a minimum of five years successful teaching experience instructing Spanish in American middle or high schools. The successful candidate will be available to interview and to fill the position within weeks.
Other required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Fluency in speaking and writing Spanish required
· Strong writing and editing skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Self-directed, with ability to prioritize and multitask
- · Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- · Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- · Good Analytical and Problem-solving skills
· Project management experience
· Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and standard publishing software applications
· Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as personal computer, fax machine, photocopier, etc.
EMC Publishing LLC offers market-competitive salary
with an excellent benefit package.
To be considered for this position, you must apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
There is no relocation package for this position.
No phone calls please.
EMC Publishing LLC is an equal opportunity employer
EMC Publishing, LLC is committed to providing Equal opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations so if you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Mary Huss at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.